Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Butterfly Pop ups

Pin It

Hi all, today has been unsually warm for a winters day and a nice little change. Mondays cards are here and Ive introduced to the ladies 2 types of pop up cards. The first is this beautiful butterfly in the hand card which you can find the instructions here. I traced off the hand and used one of my butterfly stamps, i also made my own pop boxes to make the hand and butterfly work. Here are some more pics .....close ups and one of the front.

This inside view shows you how the pop boxes work.


And here's the card front. I tried to keep this simple as i wanted most of the details on the inside.
We used chalks to colour the card.

I fiddled over the pop boxes and the best way to make them on a big scale for my class and came up with this idea which worked well so i thought I'd show you.

The grid pattern on one of my cutters is all marked at 1/2 inch spaces so when i seen this the light bulb went on and it worked perfect, If you're lucky enough to have a Scor-Pal (which ive just orderd one YAH!!!!! than that would work perfect) you could also use your trimmers with the scoring tool or just a plain old ruler and emboss tool.....marking a whole A5 card gave me 17 pop boxes. For this project you need 4 rows of 5 squares

So when you have your 4 lots of 5 marked and cut crease each line well and tape it closed on the
5th square.....then follow the above instructions that I've linked to put it together. A fun project to do. Our second card was'nt the regular inside pop up this was a simple one on the card front.
Using a stamp and chalks to colour.


I used a craft knife to cut just around the wings to make them pop up and expose the background colour. So i hope you'll be inspired to give these a go. I also have to slip this pic in of my DH sorting all my card out for classes...what you see is just a part of it!...and pay no mind to my messy play room :)... just one of my happy places!!....until next post...Valita

and a last thought

You have no right to criticize your brother
or look down on him. Remember,
each one of us will stand personally before
the judgement seat of God.
Romans 14:10

5 comments:

Monica-FC said...

just had to comment about the picture of your hubby sorting cardstock and smiling. I sure wish mine didn't complain as yours sure must be really supportive of your hobby. I I like to take this time to congrats your hubby as he is a keeper for life. any hubby who supports his wife in her hooby and smiles like that and helps her like that, is a one to keep. you have a rare one there. to bad mine isn't like that. mine doesn't support me in my crafting.

Carol P said...

Cool design. I can't believe someone is SELLING those little pop up boxes when it takes about 3 1/2 seconds to make one :)

Carol
Extreme Cards and Papercrafting

Donna Baker said...

oooh, I love your pop-up card! what a great way to showcase the Bold Butterfly, never thought of that! what a sweet DH you have...

nancy said...

Wow! Amazing cards...beautiful colors and artistry : ) !! I just saw that you've already been given the brilliant award, but I gave it to you again on my blog today. You are truly brilliant in your creativity! Blessings : )

retiredheather said...

What a great idea to raise the butterflys. I can`t wait to try it. You are so very talented. Thanks for sharing.